West Allis Police Report: laptop stolen while shopping cart being put away – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
1. An 18-year-old man told police he had been out with friends when two men, including one from Chicago hit him on the head with a pistol and forced him to take them to his mother’s residence in the 3400 block of South Wollmer Road. There, the men threatened to kill him and his family. Then they left, without taking money or property. The incident was reported about 6:10 a.m. Sept. 29.
2. While a man was putting his shopping cart away, someone stole a laptop belonging to his place of employment. The theft happened about 3:40 p.m. Sept. 23 in the parking lot of Home Depot, 11071 W. National Ave.
3. A lawn mower and weed whacker were stolen from an unlocked garage in the 2200 block of 75th Street the night of Sept. 24.
4. Nearly 11.8 grams of marijuana bagged in 15 plastic bags were found in a car after a routine traffic stop about 12:55 a.m. Sept. 26 at 56th Street and National Avenue. Two 23-year-old men and a 16-year-old boy were arrested. The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office will consider a charge of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
5. A GPS, an emergency kit and coins were stolen from two cars in a driveway in the 2700 block of 76th Street the night of Sept. 28.
6. About $200 worth of purchases that had been made the morning of Sept. 29 were stolen during the three hours they sat in a vehicle that was broken into on a rear parking slab in the 2000 block of 71st Street.
7. Four students were involved in a fight outside the cafeteria at Central High School, 8516 W. Lincoln Ave., about 1 p.m. Sept. 29. Two were arrested and cited for disorderly conduct.
8. A number of young people were creating a disturbance outside the West Allis Police substation, 6900 W. National Ave., about 7:20 p.m. Sept. 29. When the youths resisted officers who were investigating, four were arrested and cited for disorderly conduct/resisting police. One was 12, two were 13 and one was 14.
9. A 22-year-old man was cited for possession of drugs after police found 5.84 grams of marijuana in his car following a traffic stop for expired registration. The incident happened shortly before 10 p.m. Sept. 29 in the 900 block of 60th Street.
10. Two bicycles valued at $450 and $550, were stolen from an underground parking structure in the 1400 block of 65th Street between 6:15 and 10 p.m. Sept. 29.
11. The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office will review a case involving a 45-year-old man who is accused of beating and strangling a 42-year-old woman while they both were highly intoxicated. The woman said that they were arguing and that he threw her onto the bed, tried to hit her with a chair and then pinned her on the bed facedown while he hit her in the back of the head. The incident happened about 5 a.m. Sept. 30 in the 2100 block of 77th Street.
12. Two cars were stolen from Budget Avis Rental, 1921 S. 108th St., the night of Sept. 29. Stolen were a 2018 Kia Sportage LX and a 2017 Subaru Outback. The thieves broke into the key drop box.
13. The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office will review the case involving a 26-year-old woman who threw bags of snacks around Speedway, 9130 W. Oklahoma Ave., and knocked over a fruit display. She then was disorderly in police custody. When she was placed in a squad car, she kicked at the door and banged her head on a partition, resulting in a cut above her eye. At the hospital, she had to be tied down after she kicked a paramedic in the arm and tried to assault the medical staff attempting to treat her. She eventually had to be given a drug to calm her. She was later cleared for transport to the Criminal Justice Facility.
14. A 2015 Nissan Rogue was stolen from in front of a residence in the 1000 block of 56th Street between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 29 and 6 p.m. the next day.
INTERACTIVE: Suburban Milwaukee crime map
15. A Lincoln MKZ was stolen from a driveway in the 9800 block of Lincoln Avenue between 3 and 4 a.m. Oct. 1. The owner’s GPS showed the car was in the 70000 block of Thurston Court in Milwaukee, which is where police recovered it intact, except one of the license plates was missing.
16. A 2016 Honda CR-V SUV was stolen from a driveway in the 9600 block of Rosedale Avenue between 1 and 6:30 a.m. Oct. 1. The key fob was inside the car.
17. A safe containing $600 and other items was stolen the night of Sept. 29 from Dopp’s Bar & Grill, 1753 S. 68th St.
18. A former employee of Party City, 6718 W. Greenfield Ave., was arrested for disorderly conduct after causing a disturbance in the store and threatening to assault the manager. The 17-year-old was at the store about 2:10 p.m. Oct. 1.
19. A 12-year-old boy was cited with disorderly conduct while armed after he waved a BB gun that resembled a real firearm during an argument with other kids. He didn’t point it at any of the children. The incident happened in the 11000 block of Oklahoma Avenue. Police confiscated the BB gun and the child is to appear in municipal court Nov. 6.
20. A 35-year-old man was cited for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia after police questioned him in regard to a report that someone was entering vehicles in the alley behind the 1500 block of 57th Street. The incident happened about 3 a.m. Oct. 2. Police found 0.1 grams of cocaine base in his possession.
21. An armed robbery occurred at Speedway, 5712 W. Burnham St., about 3:20 a.m. Oct. 2. Three men entered the store with one of them displaying a pistol.
22. A charge of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver was recommended by police to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office in a case involving a 38-year-old man who was found with individually wrapped plastic bags containing 1.13 grams of cocaine. He was in a car with two others. Police were called by someone saying they were smoking crack cocaine. The man was cited with OWI and possession of marijuana, as was one of the passengers. The incident happened about 5 p.m. in the 6400 block of Mitchell St.
23. A man said his cellphone was stolen by a man who initially asked to use his phone. When the victim dialed the number, the man grabbed the phone. The two struggled, but the robber managed to get the phone and ran away. The victim had been walking east in the 6000 block of Beloit Road about 4:30 p.m. Sept. 28.
24. A 2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV was stolen from behind a residence in the 900 block of 60th Street the night of Sept. 27. Surveillance video shows three men stealing the vehicle.
25. A man walking his dog at 99th and Becher streets was attacked by a pit-bull terrier that had broken a front-yard chain. The dog knocked him to the ground then tried to attack his dog, who ran, dragging the victim on the sidewalk. He sustained scrapes and had pain in his neck, right hip and leg. It does not appear that the dog bit the victim or his dog. The incident happened about 1:15 p.m. Sept. 27.
26. A man reported his son, an eighth-grader at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School, 9501 W. Cleveland Ave., was strangled by a ninth-grader in the school gym Sept. 26. No staff witnessed the brief fight. The ninth-grader attends West Allis Central High School.
27. A large amount of power tools and hand tools, totaling $15,000-20,000 was stolen from a locked room in the basement of a duplex in the 8100 block of Grant Street. The burglary happened between November 2015 and Aug. 7, 2017.
28. A 36-year-old man who had passed out in front of a business at 8415 W. Greenfield Ave. shortly after midnight Sept. 28 was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after a crack pipe was found on him.
29. A car driven by a 36-year-old man veered off the road and hit a parked car head-on in the 1600 block of 76th Street about 7:15 p.m. Sept. 26. The man said he had shot heroin earlier in the day. He was arrested for drunken driving, third offense,
30. A company laptop was stolen from a car when a garage was burglarized in the 9000 block of Vincent Place the night of Sept. 22.
A 37-year-old woman was cited for disorderly conduct for shoving a 38-year-old man. Also, the 19-year-old woman who was trying to keep the older woman from pushing the man was cited for underage drinking and possession of drug paraphernalia. The man was sent on his way while the women were booked. The incident happened about 10:20 p.m. Sept. 29.
A 27-year-old man may face state charges in connection with an incident in which he is accused of beating and strangling a 21-year-old woman. The incident happened about 2:50 am. Sept. 28.