From trend forecasting to sustainability, it’s easy to find a unique twist for your fashion journalism. Getting your site noticed among the competition is another matter. This in-depth course covers everything the budding online fashion editor needs to know in order to create sparkling fashion editorial, speedy organic marketing strategies and cutting-edge SEO that gets your site noticed.
Philippa Morgan Walker, one of the UK’s leading online fashion editors, explains both the creative and technical essentials of online fashion editing – including jargon-free introductions to CMS and HTML – enabling you to work with developers to make sure your site has the look, feel and functionality you want. The course also covers strategic techniques for promoting your content through social media, which will give you the marketing muscle to grow a loyal community and help to build your reputation within the industry. This power-packed one-day course is a must for any fashion editor, blogger, intern or PR expert who wants to develop an advanced understanding of the world of online fashion journalism.
This course is for you if…
- You run or contribute to a fashion site or blog and want to upgrade your skills to help build or promote your site
- You’re an experienced print journalist who wants to migrate your experience to an online fashion portal
- You work in fashion PR and want a better understanding of how online fashion journalism works
PLEASE NOTE: This is an advanced-level course for attendees with existing experience of fashion journalism, either in print or online. Beginners may be interested in Philippa’s Digital fashion journalism for beginners course.
This in-depth course offers tuition in developing a fashion website, populating it with quality content and strategically building a loyal community. The day also features practical workshops in keywording and writing a catwalk report. Topics covered include:
- How the digital era has changed the world of fashion publishing and editorial
- How different magazine and newspaper brands display online content
- Dos and don’ts of social media
- SEO and keywords explained
- How to effectively work with developers
- The HTML coding you really need to know
- CMS and metadata essentials
- How to organically market your editorial
- Effective fashion team leadership for digital managers
- A step-by-step guide on sourcing, building and publishing a shopping feature
- Techniques for constructing a clickable celebrity fashion feature
- How to write a fashion news story in under 15 minutes
- How magazine editors and digital roles could combine skill sets
Philippa Morgan Walker is one of the UK’s leading online fashion and shopping editors, as well as being a creative digital consultant for fashion brands. Philippa has over seven years’ experience at Conde Nast Digital and has previously held roles at Vogue.com, Glamour.com and Stylefinder.com. Philippa has also hosted numerous TV spots for channels including Glamour TV, Street Style TV and Vogue TV, and presented at London Fashion Weekend. She has been a creative collaborator with many top brands including Levi’s, Etsi, Hilfiger Denim, Diesel and Easy Living, and contributes monthly to Glamour UK. Read more about Philippa on her website.
Date: Sunday 12 July 2015
Location: The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU
Price: £249 (includes VAT, booking fee, lunch and refreshments)
Event capacity: 16
Tickets may be refunded if you contact us at least 14 days before the course start date. Please see our terms and conditions for more information on our refund policy.