SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Easter Sunday in Central New York unfortunately isn’t going to be conducive to egg hunts or Easter bonnets.
A weather system will bring plenty of west snow and rain showers to Central New York, the National Weather Service said. Up to an inch of snowfall Sunday is possible in some areas.
There’s a chance we will see some snow early in the morning, but there should be a break before the afternoon, hopefully long enough for Easter egg hunts. By the afternoon, however, more snow and rain is expected. Temperature will struggle to get out of the low 40s for a high Sunday.
Things will warm up slightly Monday, but more rain is likely when another system moves through Central New York.
This coming week is going to be rough for weather. But News Channel 9 said temperatures will stay above freezing this week. That means we’ll only be dealing with rain instead of snow.
Your Forecast: Onondaga County
- Easter: Cloudy with a slight chance for some snow in the morning. Snow very likely in the afternoon with an inch of accumulation possible in some areas. Rain and snow likely in the evening. West winds reaching 10 mph. Highs in the low 40s. Lows near 30.
- Monday: Cloudy with a chance for rain mixed with snow throughout the day. Southeast winds of about 5 mph. Highs in the low 50s. Lows in the mid 30s.
- Tuesday: Rain very likely during the day. Rain and snow mixed together in the evening. Highs near 50. Lows in the mid 30s.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 50/50 chance of rain and snow throughout the day and evening. Highs in the low 40s. Lows in the low 30s.
- Thursday: Cloudy with a slight chance of mixed rain and snow during the day. Rain likely in the evening. Highs in the low 50s. Lows around 40.
To send in weather info, or especially photos: Use the Twitter or Instagram hashtag: #cnyweather Also, please let us know where the images are located.